- A.G. Bell Association for D/HOH
- Audient (An Alliance for Accessible Hearing Care)
Assistance to low income hearing impaired seniors, children, and families by helping them to access quality hearing aids and related hearing care at a significantly lower cost nationwide.
For Parents of Children Who Are Dear or Hard-of-Hearing
- Captioned Media Program
- Chattering Children
- Children's Speech Therapy Center
- Cochlear Implant Association
- Described and Captioned Media Program (DCMP)
The DCMP provides a free-loan media program of over 4,000 open-captioned titles (videos, CD-ROM, and DVD). Deaf and hard of hearing persons, teachers, parents, and others may borrow materials. There are no rental, registration, or postage fees. Several hundred titles are also streamed on the DCMP web site. This program is sponsored by the US Department of Education and the National Association for the Deaf.
- Good Hearing
- Harris Communications
Products for everyday life (i.e., assistive listening devices, text telephones, hearing aid accessories, books, videos, etc.)
- Hundreds of D/HOH Links Here
- Let Them Hear
- Loudoun's Parent Resource Center (PRC)
- National Association of the Deaf
- Northern Virginia Resource Center for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Persons
- Tips for Working with D/HOH Students in the Classroom
- Virginia Assistive Technology System (VATS)
Through the VATS Information and Referral System, callers can access information on assistive technology products, funding options, and resources that range from therapist, to service providers to assistive technology vendors. The toll free number, 1-800-435-8490, connects you with a professional who can answer inquiries and guide you to the best resources in your community.
- Virginia Office for Protection and Advocacy (VOPA)
Charged with protecting individuals with disabilities from discrimination and to serve as their advocate to resolve issues.